Based in Cape Town, Western Capel, R.S.A.
31st March 2017
Windows / Linux / Steam
Riders of Asgard is a fun and challenging Viking BMX game. Unlock new maps and items to upgrade your Bike and Rider, and access previously unreachable places. Riders of Asgard features a full single player campaign as well as local multiplayer to take on your friends!
Riders of Asgard is much more than your average run-of-the-mill, Viking BMX game. It’s a historically correct Viking BMX game, with historically accurate Viking bikes and locations.
So go ahead! Be the Biking Viking!
Riders of Asgard was initially created by Karl Muller who is a co-founder of Gobbo Games and handles all the sound design for Gobbo Games. After showing Quinton the game, they both felt that they had a game with huge potential and decided to focus on getting the game released.
By February 2016, they had playable version and by August 2016, they were ready to release the game on Steam Greenlight.
On the 7th September 2016, Riders of Asgard was succesfully greenlit and development moved in to high gear as Karl and Quinton started working on adding all the Leader Board and Steam features to the game.
On the 31st March 2017, the game was released on Steam.
- Choose Your Path - Play the level as you see fit and choose your own path to pull off the best tricks and unlock the special bar.
- Choose Your Style - Use the gold you earn while playing the game to upgrade your bike and viking.
- Choose Your Tricks - While you play, choose your trickset and use those tricks to earn more points and climb the leaderboard.
- Choose Your Opponents - Take on the world by competing on the various leader boards, or out trick a friend in Local Multiplayer.
- Choose Your Control - The game has full controller support, and features various Assists you can enable or disable at any time. A controller is recommended but keyboards are also supported.
Official Trailer YouTube
Official Tutorial YouTube
Demo v0.0.5 Gameplay YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "There's no denying that the game is definitely polished looking and the physics look intact, which is one of the most important aspects to a physics-based stunt-racer like this."
- Billy D, One Angry Gamer
- "Riders of Asgard is quirky enough to be novel, yet challenging enough to be fun ... The tutorial takes you through all the games controls, allowing you to get a handle on them before playing an actual course. It's without a doubt one of the most comprehensive tutorials that I've seen in a long time."
- Trent, Joystik Revolution
Buy it on Steam store.steampowered.com.
About Gobbo Games
Gobbo Games emerged as an Independent Game Development company, introducing titles like "The Colony 2174" and "Riders of Asgard." Subsequently, our expertise expanded into Virtual Reality and Simulators consulting, revealing potential applications for corporate clients.
Leveraging our collective proficiency in Enterprise Development, High Availability Game Services, and Gamification, we present a distinctive service that redefines Software Architecture and Development paradigms compared to our competitors.
Our operational base resides in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa. Our ethos revolves around crafting enterprise-ready, stable, and scalable software solutions, coupled with delivering high-quality and cost-effective games.
Our principal objective centers on providing clients with an unparalleled development journey, furnishing tailored software solutions within budgetary and scheduling constraints.
In parallel, we nurture a secondary ambition: to craft top-notch, affordable games that deliver optimal entertainment value. As an Independent Game Development Studio, our focus remains unwavering — developing games we passionately desire to play ourselves.
More information on Gobbo Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Riders of Asgard Credits
Sound Design & Developer