Based in Durban, KwaZulu Natal, R.S.A.
Windows / Linux / Mac
Riders of Asgard is a fun and challenging Viking BMX game. Unlock new maps and items to upgrade your Bike and Rider, and access previously unreachable places. Riders of Asgard features a full single player campaign as well as local multiplayer to take on your friends!
Riders of Asgard is much more than your average run-of-the-mill, Viking BMX game. It’s a historically correct Viking BMX game, with historically accurate Viking bikes and locations.
So go ahead! Be the Biking Viking!
Riders of Asgard was initially created by Karl Muller who is a co-founder of Gobbo Games and handles all the sound design for Gobbo Games. After showing Quinton the game, they both felt that they had a game with huge potential and decided to focus on getting the game released.
By February 2016, they had playable version and by August 2016, they were ready to release the game on Steam Greenlight.
On the 7th September 2016, Riders of Asgard was succesfully greenlit and development moved in to high gear as Karl and Quinton started working on adding all the Leader Board and Steam features to the game.
On the 31st March 2017, the game was released on Steam.
- Choose Your Path - Play the level as you see fit and choose your own path to pull off the best tricks and unlock the special bar.
- Choose Your Style - Use the gold you earn while playing the game to upgrade your bike and viking.
- Choose Your Tricks - While you play, choose your trickset and use those tricks to earn more points and climb the leaderboard.
- Choose Your Opponents - Take on the world by competing on the various leader boards, or out trick a friend in Local Multiplayer.
- Choose Your Control - The game has full controller support, and features various Assists you can enable or disable at any time. A controller is recommended but keyboards are also supported.
Official Trailer YouTube
Official Tutorial YouTube
Demo v0.0.5 Gameplay YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "There's no denying that the game is definitely polished looking and the physics look intact, which is one of the most important aspects to a physics-based stunt-racer like this."
- Billy D, One Angry Gamer
- "Riders of Asgard is quirky enough to be novel, yet challenging enough to be fun ... The tutorial takes you through all the games controls, allowing you to get a handle on them before playing an actual course. It's without a doubt one of the most comprehensive tutorials that I've seen in a long time."
- Trent, Joystik Revolution
Buy it on Steam store.steampowered.com.
About Gobbo Games
Gobbo Games started off as an Independent Games Development company and released The Colony 2174 and Riders of Asgard. Shortly thereafter we started consulting on Virtual Reality and Simulators for some clients and started to realise that a lot of what we were doing could help corporate clients.
Using our combined experience in Enterprise Development, High Availability Game Services, and Gamification; we offer a unique service to all our clients that takes a different outlook on Software Architecture and Development than most of our competitors.
We currently operate from offices in Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa and believe in creating software solutions that are enterprise ready, stable, and scalable to our customer needs and high-quality cost-effective games.
Our primary goal is to provide our customers with a unique development experience and give them the software they want within budget and schedule.
Our secondary goal is to make high quality games that are price friendly and provide maximum entertainment value. As an Independent Game Development Studio we are able to achieve these goals by being focused on making games that ultimately we want to play ourselves.
More information on Gobbo Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Riders of Asgard Credits
Sound Design & Developer