Based in Cape Town, Western Capel, R.S.A.
1st September 2022
Windows / Linux / Steam
Re-Spawn Tournament is a competitive, arena-style multi-player first person shooter game with fast-paced, high energy combat that requires both reflexive skill and tactical thinking. Re-Spawn Tournament is strongly influenced by FPS classics like Quake 2, Quake 3 Arena, and Unreal Tournament. Just playing one match will flood your mind with memories and nostalgia of the good old days when FPS games were raw and in your face.
With our unique handicap system, Re-Spawn Tournament will appeal to veterans and new players alike, take on more experienced players with no disadvantage.
Use the map, Use your perks, Use your weapon ... but always try to win.
Re-Spawn Tournament was initially developed and released for testing on the Torque 3D engine and received some favorable feedback but unfortunately the Torque 3D engine went through a bit of a rocky time. It was then that Gobbo Games switched to Unreal Engine and released Riders of Asgard. It has been a few years since then but Gobbo Games felt the time was right to release Re-Spawn Tournament. On the 1st September 2022, the game was released on Steam as an Early Access title.
- Multiplayer Game Modes - Conquest, Capture the Flag, Rush, Team Deathmatch, Free for All, and Kill Confirmed.
- Weapons & Control - First Person, Third Person, Dynamic Crosshair, Leaning, Weapon Sway, Knife & Grenade, Fire modes (burst, auto, & semi).
- Ballistics - Bullet Drop, Bullet Penetration, and Recoil.
- Gameplay - Global/Team Chat, Sniper Scope, A.I. players (Bots), Hit marker, Kill feed, Melee, Compass, and Class & Perk selection.
Early Access Trailer for Free for All YouTube
Early Access Gameplay for Free for All YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "This game has all the Hallmarks of a classic - it really does have that old-school feel to it. I wanted to be part of Early-Access so my ideas and comments could be considered."
- Pk007_za, Steam User Review
- "Okay, so this game is still in early access and thus a bit rough, but the gun fights feel right and so far the game looks pretty neat as well."
- Gorilla, Steam User Review
Buy it on Steam store.steampowered.com.
About Gobbo Games
Gobbo Games emerged as an Independent Game Development company, introducing titles like "The Colony 2174" and "Riders of Asgard." Subsequently, our expertise expanded into Virtual Reality and Simulators consulting, revealing potential applications for corporate clients.
Leveraging our collective proficiency in Enterprise Development, High Availability Game Services, and Gamification, we present a distinctive service that redefines Software Architecture and Development paradigms compared to our competitors.
Our operational base resides in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa. Our ethos revolves around crafting enterprise-ready, stable, and scalable software solutions, coupled with delivering high-quality and cost-effective games.
Our principal objective centers on providing clients with an unparalleled development journey, furnishing tailored software solutions within budgetary and scheduling constraints.
In parallel, we nurture a secondary ambition: to craft top-notch, affordable games that deliver optimal entertainment value. As an Independent Game Development Studio, our focus remains unwavering — developing games we passionately desire to play ourselves.
More information on Gobbo Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Re-Spawn Tournament Credits